Rectangular Movement (deprecated)
Allow an object to move in a rectangular pattern.
Authors and contributors to this community extension: 4ian, VictrisGames.
This is an extension made by a community member — but not reviewed by the GDevelop extension team. As such, we can't guarantee it meets all the quality standards of official extensions. In case of doubt, contact the author to know more about what the extension does or inspect its content before using it.
Allow an object to move in a rectangular pattern. By default, movement will slow down when going around corners, but this can be changed to always use a constant speed.
- Moveable platforms
- Enemy movement patterns
- Center of movement, X position
- Center of movement, Y position
- Horizontal distance
- Vertical distance
- Horizontal speed
- Vertical speed
- Use constant speed (object will not slow down at corners)
- Use counter-clockwise direction
- Set the CenterX and CenterY values to move the object
- For horizontal movement only, set vertical distance to 0
- For vertical movement only, set horizontal distance to 0
- Use conditions to apply logic based on the direction the object is moving. For example, setting the animation.
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Rectangular Movement (deprecated) extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.