Health points and damage
Manage health points and damage, including a protective shield and armor.
Authors and contributors to this community extension: 4ian, Mixen, VictrisGames.
Manage health points including a protective shield and armor. Health can be assigned to players, enemies, NPCs, or even inanimate objects such as breaking doors and mining rocks.
Damage calculations are performed in this order:
Incoming Damage -> Is Damage Cooldown active? -> Chance to Dodge -> Flat Damage Reduction -> Percent Damage Reduction -> Damage to Shield -> Damage to Health
How to use:
- Set desired values in behavior properties
- To apply damage use “Apply damage to an object”
- To heal health, use “Heal object” action
- To activate the shield, use “Activate shield” action
- Health and shield regeneration will happen automatically based on properties
- While damage cooldown is active, no damage will be applied to health or shield (the object is invincible)
- Try using the “Blink” extension while damage cooldown is active
- Use the “Is just damaged” or "Is just healed" conditions to trigger sound and visual effects
- Starting health points
- Maximum health points. Use "0" for no maximum
- Damage cooldown (seconds) Use "0" for no cooldown
- Rate of health regeneration (points per second)
- Delay before health regeneration starts after being hit (seconds)
- Allow heals to increase health above max health (regen will never exceed max health)
- Max shield points. Use "0" for no maximum
- Duration of shield (seconds) Use "0" to make shield permanent
- Rate of shield regeneration (points per second)
- Delay before shield regeneration starts after being hit (seconds)
- Block excess damage when shield is broken (yes/no)
The top-down RPG example uses this extension (open the project online).
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Health points and damage extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.