Expressions for generating Simplex noise values. Useful for procedural generation.
Authors and contributors to this community extension: Add00, VictrisGames, D8H.
Noise can be useful for many procedural generation cases such as:
- Terrain, top down or side view (open the project online)
- Object positioning (tree, stars...)
- Curves (roads, rivers...)
- Textures (fog, milky way...)
- Screen shake
- Probably many other things
This extension contains expressions to generate Simplex noise values in 1, 2, 3 and 4 dimensions. A "seed" allows to generate the same world again later on instead of having to save the whole generated world.
Version 2.0.0 compatibility break:
- Seeds doesn't give the same result as with version 1.x.x
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Noise generator extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.