Edge scroll camera
Scroll camera when cursor is near edge of screen.
Authors and contributors to this community extension: VictrisGames, D8H.
Edge scroll camera allows the player to move around the scene simply by moving the cursor near the edge they want the camera to move towards. This is common in RTS games, but it can be useful for many things.
How to use:
- Run the action "Enable (or disable) edge camera scrolling" at the beginning of scene
- Run the action "Configure edge camera scrolling" at the beginning of scene
- "Progressive speed" makes the camera scroll faster the closer the cursor gets to the edge of screen
- Use the action "Enable (or disable) edge camera scrolling" to turn the scrolling ON or OFF
- Use the action "Enforce camera boundaries" to restrict what the player can see
- Use the extension "Copy camera settings" if you want multiple layers to move
- EdgeScrollSpeedX() - Current scroll speed (horizontal)
- EdgeScrollSpeedY() - Current scroll speed (vertical)
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Edge scroll camera extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.