Mobile In-App Purchase (experimental)
Add items to buy directly in your game ("In-App Purchase"), for games published on Android or iOS.
Authors and contributors to this community extension: arthuro555, 4ian.
To set up In App Purchase, you'll need a developer account on Google Play Console or Apple App Store Connect. You will also need real phones/devices to test IAP, because emulators are not supported.
It's highly recommended to read the help page to begin.
⚠️ In-App Purchase will only work after you exported your game and uploaded it to Google Play Console or Apple App Store Connect, at least in a testing track.
The general worflow is the following:
- Register your products on the Google Play Console or App Store Connect,
- In your game, register the same products using the action "Register an item",
- Call the action to finalize the store registration,
- Wait for "the store is ready" condition to be true,
- Get the items data to know what to display (in particular the price of each items),
- Display the price and available items in your game,
- Register a variable that will be updated when an item purchase is approved (and other variables for when other things happen),
- When the player clicks on an item, use the action to order it,
- If the purchase is approved (the variable you set up is set to true), give the user what they bought,
- Mark the purchase as completed for the user to be charged the money
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Mobile In-App Purchase (experimental) extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.