Make objects orbit around a center object
Make objects orbit around a center object in a circular or elliptical shape.
Run the actions on every frame to make the orbiting objects move. The extension will automatically create/delete orbiting objects to match the quantity specified. Use the delete function or set the quantity to 0 to remove all orbiting objects.
The elliptical orbit action can be used to create a 3D effect by changing the z-order of orbiting objects.
The customizable parameters include:
- Center object
- Orbiting object (must be different than the Center object)
- Quantity of orbiting objects
- Distance from the center object
- Speed of the orbiting objects (in degrees per second). Use negative numbers to orbit counter-clockwise.
- Speed to rotate each orbiting object (in degrees per second). Use negative numbers to rotate counter-clockwise.
- Make shield objects around the player to protect from enemies
- Weapons that can damage enemies when they collide
- A visual indicator of ammo quantity or health points
- Interesting animations of stacked objects that can function as a single entity
- Visual cue for an active character power-up, such as invincibility
An example shows how to use this extension (open the project online).
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
Move objects in elliptical orbit around a center object
Move objects in elliptical orbit around a center object. Z-order is changed to make 3D effect.
Move objects in orbit around a center object
Move objects in orbit around a center object.
Delete orbiting objects that are linked to a center object
Delete orbiting objects that are linked to a center object.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Make objects orbit around a center object extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.