Smoothly scroll to follow an object.
Authors and contributors to this community extension: D8H.
The camera follows an object according to:
- a frame rate independent catch-up speed to make the scrolling from smooth to strong
- a maximum speed to do linear following (open the project online) or slow down the camera when teleporting the object
- a follow-free zone to avoid scrolling on small movements
- an offset to see further in one direction
- an extra delay and catch-up speed to give an impression of speed (useful for dash)
- position forecasting and delay to simulate a cameraman response time
A platformer dedicated behavior allows to switch of settings when the character is in air or on the floor. This can be used to stabilize the camera when jumping.
Learn how to install new extensions by following a step-by-step guide.
This page is an auto-generated reference page about the Smooth Camera extension, made by the community of GDevelop, the open-source, cross-platform game engine designed for everyone. Learn more about all GDevelop community-made extensions here.